For Centuries, milk baths have been used as a treatment for chapped skin and other conditions. In this version, coconut milk is used instead of cow’s milk, to great effect. Rich in restorative vitamin E and skin-penetrating fatty acids, coconut milk protects the skin and provides deep nourishment. The eucalyptus essential oil can help improve your circulation, giving you a healthy glow, and the lavender is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory that helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
6 drops lavender essential oil
6 drops eucalyptus oil Dried lavender (optional)
- Pour the coconut milk into a jar or bottle.
- Add the eucalyptus and lavender essential oils and dried flowers if using.
- Put the lid on your jar and shake until the contents are well mixed.
- Pour 1 cup of the milk into a running bath and enjoy.
- Store the remaining milk bath in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
TIP: Although it is tempting to run a super-hot steamy bath when you feel like pampering yourself, if your water is too hot it can be extremely drying for your skin. Try having the water temperature at a less scalding level and let the lavender scent, instead of the heat, relax you.